The company is looking for a new Engineering Manager within the company. The person will be responsible for:
- Directing projects with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding and creating solutions that are scalable both on the technology side (that take advantage of the latest in microservices, DevOps, etc.) and on the human side (highly testable, distinct interfaces and responsibilities, easily and regularly updated and released).
- Understanding how products need to work to make them not just usable, but delightful to use.
- Managing budgets and resources.
- Building the team in both North America and overseas.
- Working with the organization’s executive staff to develop new strategies, as well as to make changes to existing ones to reduce unnecessary costs, reduce the amount of time it takes for the engineering team to complete their projects, and grow the organization as a whole.
- Evaluating schedules, quality assurance procedures, and new releases in order to assess their value and ensure they run smoothly.
- Provide guidance and encouragement to employees.
- Unblocking senior resources through clear decision-making and technical expertise.
- Technical skills in DevOps, SaaS platforms, microservices, performance analysis, CI/CD, and .NET development
- Self-motivated and self-directed when directing team members and building new products and solutions
- Understand existing software architecture and solutions and provide creative solutions that improve upon the existing solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Have a good understanding of end users and end-user expectations and experience
- Be able to understand, interpret and analyze complex sets of data, including the analysis of profits, losses, gross margin, operating income, assets, revenue, cost of goods, liabilities, and more
- Be able to make well-informed decisions under pressure
- Interpret data and metrics to help make informed decisions
- Entrepreneurial mindset...be able to make good tradeoffs between budget + time + quality
Knowledge of/working experience with:
In this position, you will work with the CEO, CTO, VP of Product, and other developers and QA to bring our existing product line into the latest and greatest in flexible, scalable solutions. We want to move fast and be nimble and are planning on building an amazing team to make that happen.
- Active in relevant industry communities
- Passion for exploring new and groundbreaking processes
- Green/blue deployments
- QA/Testing/Test management
- Data management and warehousing
As we go, we’ll be enhancing the team, but as the lead, you will need to talk at a detailed level about many things to assist your team members.