The individual selected for this position will have an active role in the development or migration of large-scale, enterprise-wide initiatives to build a platform or custom applications that will be used for the acquisition, transformation, entity extraction and mining of content on behalf of business units across Clarivate Analytics. This individual will contribute to solutions across the entire architecture stack in building cloud-native applications using the current technologies including Java, Spark, Hive, Hadoop, JSON, XML, Micro Services, PostgreSQL, Greenplum, and NoSQL databases. This role will have the opportunity to work across a global footprint and with different business units.
Key Responsibilities (Technical)
- This individual will work closely with users, technical leads, project managers, and other cross-functional development teams to design and deliver software solutions. This includes writing and designing software, making modifications to existing software, and integrating applications within the core pathway.
- Expertise in Big Data design and development.
- Experience working with all aspects of distributed processing, including Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, and Cassandra.
- Active coding in key technologies is required for this development position and includes Java, Scala, Apache Spark, Hive, XSLT, Git, Linux, AWS, PostgreSQL, and Greenplum.
- Develops cloud-native applications, including systems integration.
- The individual will also be responsible for applying working knowledge of OO design patterns to develop enterprise-level and cloud-native solutions.
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving, particularly to modify and enhance processes and workflows
- Demonstrated skills in optimizing Big data system performance
- This individual must develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Demonstrates the ability to translate plain requirements into effective technical design and solutions
- Delivering quality of the software to our QA team is an important function of this position and this individual will be responsible for creating and executing unit tests on the code that they write for their applications.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and collaboration skills, and has experience in working with cross functional and cross geography teams.
- This team works in an Agile/Scrum development environment.